Oct 14, 2010

Mexican Treats

I was *so happy* to recently discover a little Mexican market in my new neighborhood! My mama's side is Hispanic and the entire family is huge. I always looked forward to eating at my Grandma's house because she made the best food anywhere in the world. It was nice to pick up a few goodies!

Soda pop is a very RARE treat in my tiny little household which consists of just me and my little boy, but when I saw him hold up a Jarritos orange soda, the exact same drink that used to be my Grandma's favorite when she was still alive, I had to give in just this time. . . :)
These sodas are still made the old fashioned way, with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. It really was a treat, especially considering that it was in a glass bottle, like how they used to come when I was a kid.

I love all of the international markets in my little town, but I think this one is my new fave. It's about roots, you know? ;)

a toast!
sugarinsteadofhfcs
one of these days, I'm going to pick up one of those pinatas.
roots
mmmmmmmm!
roots

4 comments:

  1. Your boy is adorable! this post reminds me of a recent funny thing that happened to my friend who just moved to Mexico, she bought a pinata for her little girls birthday party and didn't realize she needed to fill it with sweets so when all the kids bashed it NOTHING came out...so sad but so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm...tamales!

    I am so not a soda drinker, but I do like to have a Jarritos Grapefruit soda whenever I am lucky enough to get a torta from Maggie's Kitchen here in GRR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummm!
    I live in a city where the majority is hispanic, we have markets everywhere, but the best are the small ones no one really knows about.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin