Jul 23, 2010

United Colors of Advertising

When I was growing up in the 1990's, I looked up to my high school aged brother constantly for inspiration. At the time, he had taped many Benetton advertisements to his bedroom wall. He was in love with the brand and would often save money from his job to buy their clothes.
The bright ads were unforgettable.
I always loved the celebration of diversity depicted in many of them. Some ads were often thought of to be too risque and controversial and covered topics from Aids to domestic violence to death row. Of course, only the PG and PG13 ads were allowed on my big brother's wall, per mom and dad.
Find a history of ad campaigns from the Italian company here.

"The purpose of advertising is not to sell more. It's to do with institutional publicity, whose aim is to communicate the company's values.... We need to convey a single strong image, which can be shared anywhere in the world."
- Luciano Benetton

Definite, clear and strong messages here, don't you think so?




PC: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin