Oct 20, 2010

Levi Strauss Would Be Proud!

The single most popular article of clothing ever produced:
Blue Jeans.

Thanks to Levi Strauss we can pull out our fuss-free favorite pair every day if we want to, and nearly half of our outfit is taken care of. I'm delving into the history of fashion these days and really enjoying what I'm learning!

Here we are 137 years after the patent of the copper-riveted "waist overalls" as jeans were once called, and going green for the Levi's company is all about going blue, as in recycling old jeans for insulation! What a grand idea, I love it! Doesn't it look warm?

The label we've all been familiar with since the day we started wearing jeans.

The man himself, on the brink of becoming a millionaire.

Recycled Denim insulation, the best thing that ever happened to worn out jeans.

“I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.” - Yves Saint Laurent


photos 1 and 2
photo 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin