Dec 28, 2010

Italian Wool, One George.

It feels like it's been about a bazillion years since I've done an outfit post, and believe me I'd do more if my schedule allowed for it! But while I'm enjoying this week of post-Christmas cleaning and organizing my entire apartment leisure time I decided to throw one in for good measure. (oh, and to show off my latest favorite dress). :)

While browsing the racks at my local favorite thrift store a week or so ago, I came upon this dress and immediately fell in love with the colors. I was even happier when I glanced at the tag and saw that it was vintage Italian designer wool. Eeek! On top of that, it was my size, I could tell just by looking at it.

What you WON'T believe is how much I paid for it. I handed over one little George for this dress, and that amount covered the price, and then some!  I know. I felt like such a lucky girl that day. The reason the dress was such a bargain, though, was because there are a handful of tiny holes that need mending in the fabric. I didn't mind, it, though. I've already started patching a few of them up, and only have a few left to go.

Aren't the colors perfect together? One shade in the dress matched perfectly the iced ginger cookies given as a gift from my neighbor. The only thing I would say to keep in mind when wearing a wool dress like this one is, don't forget your slip, it makes wearing the dress so much more comfortable. 
Italian Wool
Italian Wool 3
Italian Wool 1
Italian Wool 2


Adolfo Warm Grey Wool Hat - gift from my boyfriend
Italian Wool Mod Colorblock Dress - Thrifted
Belt - ? have had for years
Knee high Chocolate brown 70's boots - Gift from one of my best friends (used to be her gran's boots way back when)

6 comments:

  1. OMG!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is getting soo long! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!! Hope you will visit or follow mine:)

    www.abitofeverything-nicoline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should mention that Denise, guess what I'm finally doing soon? I may just look quite different next time you see me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it--you look so great! Love how the wide stripes make kind of an apron effect on the skirt. And it looks fab with that hat! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin