Aug 18, 2010

Wednesday Wishlist :: Dramatic Ruffles!

Lately, I've been loving the drama of huge ruffles! These vintage pieces below especially, have been playing with the idea of flirting with my wallet. I'm not sure I could pull off many of these pieces though, as I possess a very petite frame, and I feel like it would just be too much for my little body. So I feel kinda jealous of a girl who can make these oh-so-over-the-top pieces work for her! That first piece is my favorite of all, isn't it fantastic? I love that it looks so comfy too. If you take a peek, wait till you see the back!

Ruffles on your wishlist: Yes or no?

Thrifted
Thriftwares
face-cow
Indie Cult Vintage
American Archive
Things of Splendor

4 comments:

  1. A huge YES but it is a love/hate relationship! I love them, they hate me! My "girls" are rather large & ruffles just amp them up & make them look like they are taking over the universe....lol. I feel like a cupcake in a ruffles skirt sooo....ruffled accessories perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE RUFFLES!
    You can pull it off with your tiny self! Belive me, you just have to be confident about it. p.s. i really love that first piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a little bit of ruffle, not too much. For example, I have a J. Crew cardi with a little bit of ruffled organdy along the edge--very sweet! I also like a bit of a ruffled hem. But no big ruffles--it's just not me.

    J, you're young and beautiful, and already have a romantic style--if anyone could pull dramatic ruffles off, I think you could!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are beautiful works of art! I love anything with ruffles, especially when it's so Avant-Garde!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin