Jan 15, 2010

Sometimes life has a sudden way of slapping you in the face. Hard.
And then you just want to hide away in your bedroom under the covers and cry
for all the hours of the day, even if it is pretty and sunny outside.
Because inside it's a sad day.



So my dear blog readers, I ask you,
what do you say to a best friend who has just found out some potentially
very frightening news?

when she is slowly losing hope in her health?
and you really can't imagine what she must be going through?



I wish I knew the most comforting words, or some song to play to soothe her
most worrisome mind.


But I feel like all I can really do is try to listen and give a hug or two, or three, or four, or more.


and keep repeating,
"just think positive
think positive
think positive"



Now we just have to wait to see what happens...and I'm just praying and hoping
that everything is going to be okay.

Treasure your friends, nurture your true friendships.
Make time for coffee or tea or dessert, or all three,
or a phone call, a walk,
a craft project, or a talk.
It's so important, and that is clearer to me today than it has ever been.




photos source: weheartit.com

2 comments:

  1. As her best friend, just be there. That's the best you can do. Always support her in times of grief and elation. I hope she gets good news...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin