Nov 1, 2010

Music Monday 2 : For River . . .

17 years ago on this day I woke up to the sound of the news on TV that would make my emotional teenage self cry almost all day long. One of my favorite actors had died a tragic death at the age of 23. He was such a huge part of my generation and I think losing him was very sad for many people around my age. Every November 1st, I find myself listening to this song simply titled "River" from Natalie Merchants album, Tigerlily.  It's my way of  remembering this beautiful young actor whom we had the pleasure of watching on the big screen, even for just the short time that he was here.

Rest in Peace, sweet Prince.

♫ With candles, with flowers. . . he was one of ours ♫

2 comments:

  1. God I remember this so well. I'd just started nursing school and was on a prac and one of my friends came up and told me. I was devastated.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It was so horrible to hear his brother's 911 call too. When I went to LA I visited that place where he'd died. (the Viper Room) :(
    We won't ever forget that beautiful man. . .

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin