May 22, 2011

Stripes for the Rapture


 Happy Sunday! I know it's not very exciting, but this was my end-of-the-world outfit yesterday. Just the other day I was lamenting the loss of this sailor dress that sold in the shop about a year ago & though I am the only one to blame for that, (it no longer fit me & at the time I decided it probably never would again) I have forgiven myself & am now on the search for another sailor dress that makes my heart happy. I know this dress above isn't the typical sailor dress, but I recently fell kinda giddy over it due to its bit of nautical flair, & the bow at the waist is pretty cute too. It's also super light, comfortable, and semi-sheer - and even though I have read many times that drop waists weren't made for the petite gal, I do love the way it fits. It has what I like to call an "easy fit". But . . . why do I suddenly feel like that comes from some 80's jean commercial?  ;) Sorry I look sad in this pic, the sun was just starting to go down and it started raining shortly thereafter, but no earthquakes or disappearing people. Rapture schmapture, Harold Camping. 

dress -thrifted
wayfarers - thrifted
red bow sandals - mall years ago


XO

3 comments:

  1. You look great, and that background sets the outfit off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the red shoes with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dress and the background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin