Jun 22, 2010

She Said it Best. . . Miranda July.

"Look at the sky: that is for you. Look at each person's face as you pass on the street: those faces are for you. And the street itself, and the ground under the street, and the ball of fire underneath the ground: all these things are for you. They are as much for you as they are for other people. Remember this when you wake up in the morning and think you have nothing."

— Miranda July (No One Belongs Here More Than You)


When I was taking digital video production classes years ago in college, I found out about this amazing woman named Miranda July. At the time, she had a project going on called Joanie4Jackie, which was a chain letter of short movies from women film makers all over the world. How I wanted to be a part of it! Maybe someday I will, since it seems to be in the works yet again. Ms. July is the kind of girl I would want to be in my circle of friends. The extent of her creativity fascinates me! I'd love to meet her one day. . .



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin