Jul 7, 2011

Silhouettes & Garment Details For Reference

I found these via ebay when I was selling on the site years ago, and have since printed a few of them and pinned them on the wall next to my desk for reference. They certainly serve as big helpers when I'm listing my etsy items! Just thought a few of you could get some use out of them too! Sorry the print is so tiny on some of the images. I tried to sharpen them and heighten the contrast so they were a bit easier to read.

originally from Vogue Sewing, circa 1982

dresses
collarsbest
necklinesbest
sleeves
jackets

5 comments:

  1. That is super helpful:) Thank you!!

    xo, Bruklyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! i love this. i was just wondering the difference between "sheath" and "shift" dress. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have this book. It was a present from my seamstress step-mother years ago...I loved this section...
    Thanks for reminding me! If I ever get opened it will be very useful indeed!
    Hope all is well with you.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes--I have seen and consulted this chart before. Super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls, don't forget, it's super helpful to put some of those words in tags too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin