Jun 1, 2011

Griping and (then) Celebrating

here's to personal happiness!
We all need to gripe sometimes, don't we? This weekend I made a big change in my life, it was a hard decision to come to terms with but I think in the long run it will be what is best for me. I know that this might sound a little crazy, but Oprah Winfrey's last show had something to do with it. ;) I know, I'm such a sap, huh? But yeah, I was one of the people bawling while viewing that last show when it aired!

I had been griping for a while with close family and friends about my relationship. Something just wasn't making me happy, as hard as I was trying to be, (and I was trying hard). It's very difficult when you truly love someone, and deep down there's a voice telling you that that person isn't right for you, no matter how much you care about them. And being the 2nd guesser that I innately am, I am always questioning my own decision making. It's enough to drive a gal batty, let me tell you!

But I did it. I ended my relationship. It's been a rough couple of days, but I feel a sense of relief and believe it or not, excitement already for the future. I even thought about documenting my dating from here on out via my blog. I don't know though. All I can say is that I'm dealing with some new territory now with this single lady stuff, and being a single mama and dating is another cup of tea altogether, believe me!

I know many, many of my twitter & blogger friends are either married or with someone, so this is my time to ask you for your support, single ladies! I'm kinda nervous. . . but still ready to celebrate! After all, it is the beginning of summertime, naturally my happiest time of the year since forever! 

Happy June and yes, welcome to a seriously personal post, my dears. ;)

XOXO

13 comments:

  1. 3 months ago I split from my bf of 13 yrs, had to move away and leave my entire life behind. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. Sending you best wishes & positiveness. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO proud of you - you didn't do the easy road, but you did take the right one.

    I was totally in your shoes last year and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. But, you know what? I wouldn't have been where I am today if I didn't take that step.

    Good job, doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so THAT'S what was going on. I thought that something was up when you posted that sad song a while back... Thank you so much for sharing that tidbit with me, Becka. Helps so much to hear those uplifting words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I had a little blog breakdown! Thanks for sticking with me tho. The old saying time is a great healer, is corny but soo true. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you made the difficult choice, but certainly the right choice! Lots of luck to you in what is most definitely going to be a very bright and happy future!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh darling lady, if I had had the *balls* in the past to do what you just did I would have had such a happier time alone (and fret free!), it takes a tough gal to do it so congrats. I had that decision made for me 2 years ago and it was seriously such a great 2 years of just doing whatever, whenever....all power to you J! right behind you, lotsa love, Amy x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you girls, your comments mean so much. Thank you from the bottom of my lonely lil' learning heart! I think this is going to turn out to be quite an amazing time for my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say although I am married, I've been where you at, in having to end a relationship, either with a boyfriend or a friend I thought was good for me.
    In the end you will see how much more positive it is for you to have taken this huge step.
    Good things happen to those who wait, and well you my darling it will happen when you least expect it.
    So stay positive and cheerful and all other things will fall into place :)
    besos amiga

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, J--what a tough thing to do! I'm proud of you. This is the kind of the decision that opens new doors. You have an awesome attitude--I am certain that good things will come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love alone isn't enough...You made the right decision...Your intuition knows what's best for you...

    Stay strong. It's been 5 months since my break-up and it was the hardest thing I've ever done, still is {because I truly love him so much}. My whole future with him was planned...But that discontent wouldn't go away...We were together for 6 years and he was getting progressively nastier to me, I could see where it might end up...So I ended it in order to survive. The damage has been severe but is reversing already...

    I hope the summer brings you closer to yourself and therefore closer to the man who will make you truly happy...Be kind {to you} and have fun!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a bit behind on my blog reading, but I think you sound happy and excited! Wishing you the best in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks so much for commenting on this post, lovelies!! been kind of a tough week, but I have so much hope for my future right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The right choice is sometimes always the hardest. I could say I wish you all the luck with your new and beautiful future but won't...you don't need luck. You are beautiful and kind and all will fall right into place for you. xoxoxo Sending my love your way :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin