Jan 16, 2011

Mama's got a brand new haircut

Last Saturday I finally went in to get the hair cut that I've been planning for too darn long now, and I ended up getting 4" cut off! I was so happy to see that old hair gone. . . and notice the different shade? I love the black! I really like the new length too , it makes me want to put curlers in more often. I'm so excited to play around with all sorts of different hairstyles soon. Having a major change in the middle of winter seems to have reawakened my motivation to do more outfit posts as well. I would have posted about the haircut sooner, but I've been busy taking care of my poor little boy who has been sick since Wednesday. :(

Regarding the outfit, I've been loving the scarf with the belt look. This green scarf has been getting so much wear lately. The first picture is what I wanted to wear out and about, but the last one is what I ended up wearing. (no bare legs for this gal till March at the earliest) 

Bright colors always make me happy during the cold months. Do you notice that too? I have to have them around me, and one of these days I'll do a post about the brights around my apartment. And ohhhhh, that poetry book below ( I wanted to show and tell) is Erica Jong's first edition of Fruits and Vegetables. Don't you just love coming across amazing old poetry/prose books while thrifting? It's the next best thing to finding an incredible dress. I looked it up online too, and saw that it was listed for a pretty penny on Ebay. I won't be listing it anytime soon though, it's too chock full of amusing food-inspired erotica . . . just perfect to read to my sweetie at dinner on Valentine's day. ;)



IMG_0787
I'm getting excited for February 14th, can you tell?
IMG_0858
IMG_0840
 IMG_0874
IMG_0850

Outfit details:
Frank Olive navy blue wool hat: thrifted
Two hearts 80s necklace: thrifted
White cotton long sleeve shirt: hand-me-down from my sweet friend Denise
Warm green scarf: gift from Nepaul from an old roommate
Skinny brown belt: thrifted
Sunshine yellow skirt: H&M
Anne Klein candy apple heels: Ebay
Chocolate brown knee high boots: gift from my sweet friend AbbyRose

10 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! And lucky you with your first edition Erica Jong. She's one of my favorite writers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hair looks amazing! The dark is so lovely on you :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, YES, she is completely uninhibited, I'm very much enjoying this book. ;)

    Thank you, paperdoll! I haven't dyed it black since high school, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable, head to toe! Loving the belted scarf. That is something I know I would never be able to pull off, but you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look all kinds of adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're mahvelous, dahling! The new do suits you perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how did I miss this post? excellent haircut and overall you look completely adorable, sounds like you might be gearing up for a very fun Valentines too...yahoo for new haircuts, lookin' good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, the whole outfit looks adorable on you. Secondly, check out your amazing hair! It looks so healthy and so great on you!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin