Feb 1, 2010

An Agreeable February Afternoon

What does yours look like? Today mine is feeding my mind in the library.
I could stay here all day long just looking at cook books alone.

My relationship with winter is on the rocks right now.
This actually happens every year. How about you guys?
There are, however, some positives about this time of year, right?
I just feel like I need to be reminded of them
on a daily (scratch that) hourly basis. ;)

"There is a privacy about winter which no other season gives you .....
In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter. . . can you have longer, quiet stretches
when you can savor belonging to yourself.
"
-Ruth Stout

All of the browns in the shop are so pretty to me right now.
I very much interpret this affinity to the color as
to how tremendously I
miss warm weather. Just being able to be
outside without numb fingers.
Can. Not. Wait.






"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey,
and enjoy every idle hour."

- John Boswell











"China tea, the scent of hyacinths, wood fires and bowls of violets - that is my mental picture of an agreeable February afternoon."
-Constance Spry



6 comments:

  1. °o° dat boots !!!+ dat chocolate dress !!! soo sumting on u u should keep it 4U jessica olalaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful things! i too am very tired of winter. i get the winter blues bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the name of your post! I ALWAYS have a rocky relationship with winter! I become an absolute hermit, not wanting even to leave the house, until the weather takes a turn for the better!
    I love the stuff from your shop! You know I love the puu sleeve jacket and I was also eyeing those fantastic boots!!! Alas, not my size.....
    Nice post, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind winter. (I have a rocky relationship with summer, though.) But I understand why so many Michiganders hate it. This is one gray place in the wintertime! (But I love the gray. I'm a freak.)

    That horses disco shirt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah! that button up with the horses on it!!!

    o_O that's truly something

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments, darlings. Do any of you own one of those bright lights made for S.A.D?
    Let me know, please! would love to know how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thank you. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin